Frequently Asked Questions - Customizing the Survivorship Care Plan Builder
To share your custom templates and your customizations to the Regimen Setup, Survivorship Library and Survivorship Care Plan logo:
- Make all your changes to the Survivorship Care Plan Builder (SCPB) templates, regimens, library and logo at one workstation.
- Copy the file called CustomTemplates.xml and SurvivorshipConfig.xml from that workstation.
- Replace the files by the same name on other stations running the SCPB.
On Windows 8: %PROGRAMDATA%\NearSpace\Survivorship\config
On Windows 7: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\NearSpace
On Windows 10: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\NearSpace
Yes, you can replace the Journey Forward logo in the upper left corner of Treatment and Survivorship Care Plans with your own logo or image.
To change the logo:
- Select Preferences from the Tools menu or sidebar (or press Ctrl+F).
- Select Browse and use Windows Explorer to locate your logo file. Please note: Your logo should be a JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP that is no larger than 75 pixels tall by 396 pixels wide.
- Select OK to save your changes and close Preferences. Your logo will appear on your Care Plans until you change your Preferences again.
The Cancer Care Plan Builder (Survivorship Care Plan Builder) includes templates for breast cancer, colon cancer, non-small-cell lung cancer and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. To add your own Care Plan templates:
- Select Templates from the Tools menu or sidebar (or press Ctrl+T).
- From the Custom Templates dialog, double-click
or select the green Add button on the top right.
- Select the cancer type on the Properties screen. You can also add a subtype.
- Review each of the 5 Care Plan sections—General Information, Background Information, Treatment Plan, Treatment Summary and Follow-Up Care—and add fields as you see fit. Please note: All templates have a number of shared fields that cannot be moved, edited or deleted, including the patient name, date of birth, cancer staging, etc. These fields appear grayed out in the Template Editor.
- Select Ok to save your template and close the Template Editor.
- To create a new Care Plan based on your custom template, select its icon from the Start Screen.
The Cancer Care Plan Builder (Survivorship Care Plan Builder) includes a number of common chemotherapy regimens. These are available for selection in the Treatment Plan section of Care Plan Templates. If your practice uses a regimen that is not included in the Regimen Library, you can add it and then it will be available for selection in the Care Plan template.
Open Regimen Setup by selecting Regimens from the Tools menu or sidebar (or by pressing Ctrl+E). You will see a list of cancer types. Select the "+" to show regimens for a cancer type. Regimens that you or another user have added will have a red asterisk. They can be deleted; other regimens cannot. To make a regimen unavailable for selection from the Care Plan templates, uncheck the box next to it.
Adding a New Regimen
You can add regimens in two ways: You can either create a copy of an existing regimen and customize it, or you can define a new regimen from scratch.
Customize regimen makes an editable copy of the selected regimen. The Regimen Editor appears with the information from the regimen you are using as a starting point already filled in. The name of the regimen is now preceded by the word “Custom.” You can (and probably should) change this name; however, you cannot give the regimen the same name as a regimen that already exists in Regimen Setup. Edit your copy of the regimen as needed. For example, in the Summary field, edit the dosing, schedule and route. Then add, edit or remove agents from the chemotherapy table. You can also add a citation. Save your changes by selecting Apply or select OK if you are finished.
Once the new regimen has been saved, it will appear in Regimen Setup and in the Care Plan Templates' regimen selection lists.
Add new regimen is similar to Customize regimen. The difference is that you have no starting values to work from.
The Survivorship Library includes hundreds of factsheets on symptom management, follow-up care and other survivorship issues. These can be attached to individual Care Plans before printing. If you have materials that you often share with cancer survivors -- like information on your institution's survivorhip services, factsheets on managing symptoms, wellness recommendations, etc. -- we recommend you add these to the Survivorship Library. To do so:
- Select Library from the Tools menu or sidebar (or press Ctrl+L).
- Select a cancer category. For documents that apply to multiple cancer types, select "General." lf need be, you can add additional categories with the green "+." However, you can't delete categories.
- Next select the green "+" above the document list as shown below.
- This will open the Document Editor. Enter the document title and body text. Then select Save and Close.
As with regimens, you cannot edit or delete documents that come with the Cancer Care Plan Builder. But, you can save and edit a copy of any document. Select "a|e" to open the document, and use Save As to save it under a different name.