- Review the system requirements and make sure you can run the Survivorship Care Plan Builder.
- Download the Survivorship Care Plan Builder.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Learn about making a Treament or Survivorship Care Plan.
- Learn about importing data from your registry into the Survivorship Care Plan Builder.
- Learn about customizing the Cancer Care Plan Builder to meet your practice's needs.
You can find answers to most of your questions in our FAQ.
To check your operating system, service pack and available RAM go to your Control Panel:
- Operating system: The SCPB runs on Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7 and 8. Make sure that you have the latest service pack installed for your operating system by running Windows Update.
- .NET Framework: The SCPB uses Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 3.5 Service Pack 1. Most modern versions of Windows already have the .NET Framework installed. If your system does not, the SCPB installer should download it for you.
- Alternatively, you can find it at no charge at Microsoft Downloads.
- Report Viewer: The SCPB uses Microsoft’s ReportViewer 2010. The SCPB installer should download it for you. Alternatively, you can find it at no charge at Microsoft Downloads.
- Storage requirements: The SCPB requires 10MB of free disk space if the .NET Framework is already installed and 290MB if it is not.
- RAM requirements: The SCPB requires a minimum of 447MB of RAM for installation.
- Screen resolution: The SCPB requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Download the installer here. Be sure to note where you save it. We recommend a location that's easy to find, such as your desktop.
When you finish downloading, locate the installer which is named SCPBSetup.exe. Double-click this file to begin the installation, and follow the prompts. You will need to agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA). When the installation is complete, you will see the icon at the left on your computer’s desktop. To launch the Cancer Care Plan Builder, double-click this icon or go to the Start menu and choose the Cancer Care Plan Builder from Programs.
Note: In some practices, when users save their first Care Plan, they receive the error message, “Your Care Plan has been saved; however, you do not have sufficient user rights to save configuration information…..” This happens when the folder where the configuration file is stored is designated as read-only. Until you clear this error, changes to the Regimen Setup, Survivorship Library, Custom Templates and autocomplete lists are not saved. To correct this issue, ask your IT department to remove the read-only property from the following folder:
On Windows 8: %PROGRAMDATA%\NearSpace\Survivorship
On Windows Vista and Windows 7: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\NearSpace\Survivorship
On Windows 10: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\NearSpace\Survivorship